Query results for : November 2010
Next Level Guitar- 13 November 2010 - (0) Comments
Thomas Hampel13 November 2010
Eclipse Update Sites- 9 November 2010 - (0) Comments
Thomas Hampel9 November 2010
Customers and colleagues quite often are asking where to find some special tools to extend their Lotus Notes client.
Using Eclipse Updates is a great method to extend the functionality of the client itself and to keep up to date in case of updates.
Here a list of interesting Eclipse Update sites:
- SNAPPS - SidebarChart, ReCon Remote Console Sidebar, and more
- Jeff Geifelt, SecretAgent, Formul8, and more
- LotusLive Meetings
Lotus Learning Plugin
PS: Please let me know about other update site's on the internet which provide cool / clever enhancements for Lotus Notes or Sametime.
Productivity- 9 November 2010 - (0) Comments
Thomas Hampel9 November 2010
Working in the IT business for several years brings a lot of experience of using different tools to increase our own productivity.
Within this article I'm goping to share some tools which I believe are essential for a Domino Administrator.
- IBM Support Assistant
- GIMP, a freeware image editor for complex graphics
- Picasa, useful for managing a large amount of pictures
- Camtasia Studio
- Total Commander , file manager for people who grew up without a mouse.
- FreePDF XP , create PDF documents by printing them
- Google Earth
- Wireshark - an excellent network traffic analyzer
- FaJo TimeTool, a gread freeware application to track time spent for different projects
- Dia or YEd as a replacement for Visio. Visio viewer will help
Lotus Notes Tools
- NotesPeek , allows to analyze Notes applications
Browser plugins, (of course for Firefox)
- AI Roboform - store and manage your (Web-) passwords in a secure way.
- IBM Support Bar - direct access to support material of IBM
- Firefox Sync - sync bookmarks across different computers/operating systems, incl. sync to iPhone
- BetterPrivacy - delete supercookies on the fly
- FireBug - even if you're not a web developer, this tool is a musthave to analyze HTTP related problems
- NoScript - musthave to keep a browser secure.
Other Interesting tools
- lucidchart.com - a browser based alternative to Visio
Error "Field is too large (32k)" importing local Update site- 7 November 2010 - (0) Comments
Thomas Hampel7 November 2010
When importing a local update site I still get this error from time to time... it seems to be caused by the number of features within an updatesite.
lsclassimportsite: cimportsite::serialize (line 108)
lsclassimportui: cimportui::importsite (line 141)
dlgimportsite: queryclose (line 13)
Up to now I was not able to find the root cause, nor I was able to work around this problem.
When reviewing support forums it seems like I'm not the only one.
Update: Looks like this is caused by a large "feature.xml" file inside of a JAR package. It seems some vendors like to put a full law book inside this XML file which in the end exceeds the 32k limitation of a plain text field in Notes.
Lotus Domino Hosting Services- 2 November 2010 - (0) Comments
Thomas Hampel2 November 2010
Hosting your self developed Domino application does not need a full server.
All you need is a hosting provider which will managed a Domino server for your.
e.g. this one http://dominodeveloper.net/x.nsf/x.xsp?x=services (Note: this is not meant to be advertising of any kind)